Marianas Mission

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Marianas Mission
Marianas Mission
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Story...(the story of how Marianas Mission came to be)

2 posters

Go down

Mission Story...(the story of how Marianas Mission came to be) Empty Mission Story...(the story of how Marianas Mission came to be)

Post  Cat_MT Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:48 pm

(just in case anyone wanted to know how Marianas Mission started!)

Once upon a time....

May 9, 2007 to be exact. Marianas Trench was in the middle of an across Canada tour with Tupelo Honey and Everclear. The band stopped in Edmonton, Alberta to play at a bar called Cowboys. Afterwards, in the parking lot, the band's drummer, Ian, chatted with two fans about how he wished radio stations would play his bands music. Leaving the show, the 2 fans vowed to do whatever they could to help Marianas Trench get the attention they deserved! And so, Marianas Mission was born.

It started with a handgun ...
except it didn't. I just felt like throwing a Trench lyric in there! Razz

It actually started with a petition. A petition to get Marianas Trench's music on the radio. The two fans even offered to get Marianas Trench tattoos if the petition could get 500 signatures within the first 2 months. The petition ended with close to 1000.

Marianas Mission continued on after the petition to try and promote Marianas Trench as best they could. After multiple contests, Marianas Mission went on hiatus around 2009.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the Face the Music tour came to an end, I started to realize how much I missed working on Marianas Mission. I messaged Maegan and mentioned to her that I was thinking of relaunching it. Luckily, she didn't think I was stupid and so began the "resurrection", if you will, of Marianas Mission.

-Cat (co-founder of Marianas Mission)
Cat_MT
Cat_MT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mission Story...(the story of how Marianas Mission came to be) Empty Re: Mission Story...(the story of how Marianas Mission came to be)

Post  felicia_b Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:44 pm

So.... Did the tattoos actually get done?! We're in suspense here!

felicia_b

Back to top Go down